Cool Orange is a Sandbox child theme with a cool, muted blue vs. bright orange color scheme. It includes a Settings API based Theme Options page where blog owners can upload a logo to the Media Library. This method replaces the standard heading with a logo image, but leaves the actual h1 tag in place to be read by the search engines. No need to mess with CSS!
- CSS Customized headings, form fields and blockquotes
- Complementary cool and warm color scheme
- Pages drop down menu
- Threaded comments
- Theme options panel
Theme options page features:
- Settings API based theme options with input validation- this ensures that the input that goes into the database is what it is supposed to be
- The ability to customize logo width, height and padding for each side
- A jQuery Reset button to quickly clear all text fields
- The ability for a blog owner to upload files to the Media Library from within the theme options page
|Works with WordPress version:||2.8+|
|Tested in browsers:||Firefox 3.6, Chrome, Internet Explorer 7|
|Questions?/Fixes?:||Use contact form below|
|Minimum Width/Width:||960 pixels|
* If you are using this theme with the Theme Switcher plugin, please see the post About theme options pages and the Theme Switcher plugin.
* I just realized the folder structure for all of my themes is probably zipped incorrectly. The folder structure should be folder.zip > folder, instead it is folder_zip.zip > folder_zip > folder. Themes may not install correctly using WordPress’s theme Upload feature. Each theme’s folder structure has now been corrected.